Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th December 2010, 08:27 PM   #31
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chops View Post
No, it's NOT the laptop as I said before. It even did it in my system, and there's no laptop in my system. It's even done it just by turning the amp off for a minute then turning it back on. If you read my post a couple posts back, you would have known that.

Not only that, why on earth would the settings in the laptop magically change on their own simply by swapping cables?!
My comment was predicated on the fact that usually when you swap source connections and the problem follows the swapped cables that there is a problem with the source. (20yrs+ of audio engineering experience has at least taught me that.) Yes I did miss the post where it behaved the same way in your system. Obviously something else very odd is going on here. My comment about the laptop mixer controls did not imply that they magically or otherwise changed when you swapped the cables, it was a suggestion to check.

Good luck...

Hide this!Advertise here!