Restoring Baldwin 40 watt amps - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th December 2010, 05:08 PM   #1
ratbagp is offline ratbagp  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Restoring Baldwin 40 watt amps

I'm at the very early stages of restoring a couple of Baldwin 40 watt amps that Doug Piccard gave me several years back. There is some information about these amps scattered all over the web (including DIY Audio), so I have created a blog to try to bring these together and help me keep track of where they are.

The blog is at Baldwin 40 watt amplifier

Towards the end of the first entry I have some questions I would like some help with, particularly the connection of the choke to ground. Any answers would be appreciated.

ray
Old 4th December 2010, 05:43 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I would like some help with, particularly the connection of the choke to ground.
This connection is a typical choke input filter even though the choke is situated in an unusual place.

Same circuitry is presented in Radiotron Designer's Handbook 4 Edition at page 1163 (fig. 30.1G). Here the choke is also located between ground and the center tap of power transformer.
Old 4th December 2010, 06:33 PM   #3
ratbagp is offline ratbagp  United States
diyAudio Member

OK thanks. I suspected that it might be a variation of the choke input filter but it did seem different from anything I had seen before.

I've downloaded RDH4 and posted the diagram on the blog.

Thanks,

ray

Hide this!Advertise here!