diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Tubes / Valves (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/)
-   -   Super cheap triode amplifier (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/178363-super-cheap-triode-amplifier.html)

aldovan 2nd December 2010 04:13 PM

Super cheap triode amplifier
 
1 Attachment(s)
Friends

This amplifier have a excellent sound, close to a fine 45 amplifier.
The power is small, about 2 to 3W, but the definition is very good.
The amplifier use a E180F( or 6J9P) tube as voltage amplifier, in triode mode.
The gain is good for excite direct the output tube.
The output tube is the cheap and forgotten 6W6GT , the 12W6GT or the more expensive 6Y6G in triode mode.
The circuit have two switches:the CH1 select the filament voltage and the CH2 select the output tube type.
The output tubes run with high plate disspations, 15W(6W6GT, 12W6GT) and 14W(6Y6G) and high voltages, and this tubes sound fine with this hot bias.
The tubes support this bias and because it is very cheap, this do not is a problem.
I love this amplifier, the sound is excepcional and surpasses many expensive comercial amplifiers. I play my full ranges with it, and I am very happy with the results.

Aldovan

SemperFi 2nd December 2010 07:28 PM

Very nice.

el156 2nd December 2010 08:56 PM

Hi Aldovan ! Looks very simple.i dont know if there is an european equivalent to 6W6GT. And the mains in Brazil is 127 volts? i didnt know that,here we have 230v.
Um abraco
Cheers

VictoriaGuy 2nd December 2010 09:42 PM

Thanks, Aldovan.

What's the purpose of the 6CD3 tube?

John

aldovan 2nd December 2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoriaGuy (Post 2385384)
Thanks, Aldovan.

What's the purpose of the 6CD3 tube?

John

John

The 6CD3 tube is used for a soft start only.
If you do not have this tube, can use rthe diode bridge only for the rectification.
But without the 6CD# tubes the voltage is a few high and can be necessary a adjust.
The 6CD3 tube is used for a "tubey" rectification efect, too.

Aldovan

VictoriaGuy 2nd December 2010 10:02 PM

Thanks, Aldovan.

I'll have a look in my tube collection to see what I have......
;-)

John

aldovan 3rd December 2010 02:21 AM

Voltage
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by el156 (Post 2385343)
Hi Aldovan ! Looks very simple.i dont know if there is an european equivalent to 6W6GT. And the mains in Brazil is 127 volts? i didnt know that,here we have 230v.
Um abraco
Cheers

In the reality the voltage here is 120V and 220V.
What is your freguesia ?

Abraços,

Aldovan

el156 3rd December 2010 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aldovan (Post 2385645)
In the reality the voltage here is 120V and 220V.
What is your freguesia ?

Abraços,

Aldovan

Ola Aldovan !
My freguesia is GUIA ,near Albufeira , where you can eat the best CHICKEN PIRIPIRI in the world !
Abraco
Silvino

aldovan 3rd December 2010 07:31 PM

Portugal
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by el156 (Post 2386353)
Ola Aldovan !
My freguesia is GUIA ,near Albufeira , where you can eat the best CHICKEN PIRIPIRI in the world !
Abraco
Silvino

Silvino

In the next year I will go to Portugal, I have parents in Ribeirinha, next do Torre Dona Chama...very nice region of Portugal.
My e-mail is aldovanr@yahoo.com.br, write me and I can speak about the amplifier.

Aldovan

el156 3rd December 2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aldovan (Post 2386409)
Silvino

In the next year I will go to Portugal, I have parents in Ribeirinha, next do Torre Dona Chama...very nice region of Portugal.
My e-mail is aldovanr@yahoo.com. br, write me and I can speak about the amplifier.

Aldovan

I dont know that place ,wich city is nearby?E NO CENTRO OU SUL?
bUT COME AND WE CAN SPEACK AND MAYBE EAT A CHICKEN PIRIPIRI AND A NICE BOTTLE OF NICE WINE,AND MAYBE YOU CAN BRING SOME TUBES FOR ME THAT I CAN NOT FIND HERE!
tv SWEEP TUBES ARE CHEAP IN THERE?
Um abraco
Silvino


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:05 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2