• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

What tubes with 3.3K p2p output?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What tubes with 3.3K p2p output transformer? I've got a pair of old output transformers that were used with 6L6s to a 16 ohm load. I'd like to use and 8 ohm load so it will have half the primary load of 6.6K, right?

That might go well with Class A operation. Ye Olde Junke Box yielded up a NIB Stancor OPT with a 4K4 primary. That one was obviously designed for Class A 6L6s (giving a 2K2 load to each 6L6). It served quite well for Class AB 6BQ6s, but it turned a 40W amp into a 30W amp, since that's what it was rated for, and the OPT rolls over and dies before the finals actually hit clipping.

What's its power rating? You might be able to dig up some finals that might work quite well in Class A (though TV horizontal deflection finals aren't those types).

That might go well with Class A operation. Ye Olde Junke Box yielded up a NIB Stancor OPT with a 4K4 primary. That one was obviously designed for Class A 6L6s (giving a 2K2 load to each 6L6). It served quite well for Class AB 6BQ6s, but it turned a 40W amp into a 30W amp, since that's what it was rated for, and the OPT rolls over and dies before the finals actually hit clipping.

What's its power rating? You might be able to dig up some finals that might work quite well in Class A (though TV horizontal deflection finals aren't those types).
Power has to be about 30 watts minimum from the heft of the transformer. The amp was originally 6L6 to a 16 ohm load and I would like a 8 or even better 6 ohm load.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.