• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

What to build next?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings.
This is actually my first post in here but ive been "spying" topics here for a while now:D

Thing is this.
I got HUGE box full of transformers, OT:s , chassises, tube sockets, capacitors and so on.
My question is that what should i build next?
Im just finnishing my ultralinear el84 push-pull hifi amp so basically i dont need no more stereo amps so maybe a nice guitar amp?

Okay, i list transformer spec and would appreciate if you guys could suggest me a good guitar amp.

i dont list primarys here cos they all are rated at my countrys specs.

powertransformers.
s1 230 (0.1A)
s2 230 (0.1A)
s3 6.3 (1.2A)
s4 6.3 (3A)

T2
s1 320 (0.35A)
s2 6.3 (3.6A)
s3 6.3 (0.7A)
i have two of these

T3
s1 230 (0.12A)
s2 20 (0.12A
s3 6.3 (4A)

And output's
Hammond 125CSE
Hammond 125BSE
hammond 125ESE
(all are single ended)

So what should i build?
oh, and i also have a pair of el34's and pair of 6l6gc's allready so if i could use these on the suggested project would be cool:D

cheers'

long term amp project strategy

Just because you have a Hi-Fi amp doesn't mean you don't need on or two more! :D I've been developing a build/play/tweak rotation. The 6V6 pp amp is in the system now, but it will rotate out after the Kt88 SE amp is finished. While the KT88 amp is in the 6V6 will get a rebuild/tweak. And that's just the mid-range/tweeter amp, I might just have to build a tweeter only amp and tri-amp my system. And then there is the preamp rotation. Think Big! :p

Athos

Just because you have a Hi-Fi amp doesn't mean you don't need on or two more! :D I've been developing a build/play/tweak rotation. The 6V6 pp amp is in the system now, but it will rotate out after the Kt88 SE amp is finished. While the KT88 amp is in the 6V6 will get a rebuild/tweak. And that's just the mid-range/tweeter amp, I might just have to build a tweeter only amp and tri-amp my system. And then there is the preamp rotation. Think Big! :p

Athos

Thats true:D
Maybe i should go for something single endish, cause i allready have 3 SE ot's.
So what you suggest?
What should be on the list...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.