• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Look for Single Tube scheme

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I want to build single tube amplifier. Not like ECL82, when there is triod and pentode in one, but real single stage. It have to be like this in my mind:

input transformer--->tube--->output transformer.

Did anybody make sumething like it?

2W output at 8Om will be anough.

As compromise integrated tubes triod+triod is possible (2 stages).

I have once seen an amplifier done with a single Russian 6J52P, but can't unfortunately find the link anymore. However, it should not be a top engineering project to design such amplifier. 6J52P has very high gm - 55 mA/V - and max. anode dissipation is 10 W. So these features seem to be very suitable to single tube configuration.

I would try to make it with simple cathode bias and without input transformer. One suitable output transformer would be Hammond 125 ASE.
It has plenty of primary and secondary taps to find the best load impedance for the tube.

Hi

I want to build single tube amplifier. Not like ECL82, when there is triod and pentode in one, but real single stage. It have to be like this in my mind:

input transformer--->tube--->output transformer.

Did anybody make sumething like it?

2W output at 8Om will be anough.

As compromise integrated tubes triod+triod is possible (2 stages).

Here is Minimalistic Single Tube Set Amp project for You,but with only 1,2W output power.

And here is the link for same project:6S45P-E SE Amp

Best Regards

Attachments

• 6S45PE Schematics Web 1.test.GIF
    6S45PE Schematics Web 1.test.GIF
    9.7 KB · Views: 955
single tube amplifier

My Mother's RCA stereo phonograph circa 1961 had two tubes. One for the left, one for the right. The speaker housing was 8"x12"x3.5" but the actual speaker was 2.5" diameter jammed up in one corner. It had a ceramic phono cartridge, a technology known for ripping up records but better than the 78 rpm arm it replaced. If you look up a Sam's photofacts for those years you will find a bunch of those record players. I think she bought the unit with Top Value stamps from Kroger's affiliate Henke & Pilot.
I looked down my nose at RCA consumer electronics after that, although their red seal and dynagroove LP's were superb. The 1968 college library had dynaco ST35's, I followed their lead.

Last edited:
My Mother's RCA stereo phonograph circa 1961 had two tubes. One for the left, one for the right. The speaker housing was 8"x12"x3.5" but the actual speaker was 2.5" diameter jammed up in one corner. It had a ceramic phono cartridge, a technology known for ripping up records but better than the 78 rpm arm it replaced. If you look up a Sam's photofacts for those years you will find a bunch of those record players. I think she bought the unit with Top Value stamps from Kroger's affiliate Henke & Pilot.
I looked down my nose at RCA consumer electronics after that, although their red seal and dynagroove LP's were superb. The 1968 college library had dynaco ST35's, I followed their lead.

The back of the RCA manual shows this design, it uses a 60FX5 for each channel, with b+ coming from the line :hot:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.