• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

50C5=50l6; 12av6=12at6

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Similar but different pin-out. 50L6 has higher max ratings. You'd have to rewire the socket.

Is the only thing that I would have to do be rewire the pinout for the tubes? Essentially, All I want to do is remove the 7-pin socket and wire in a 8pin socket, (12at6 to 12sq7) and (50c5 to 50l6).

Here's the circuit that I'm working with...

Attachments

• aa4schematic.gif
    aa4schematic.gif
    26.3 KB · Views: 314
Essentially, All I want to do is remove the 7-pin socket and wire in a 8pin socket, (12at6 to 12sq7) and (50c5 to 50l6).

The 7 pin tubes are from the second generation of AA5 radios. The octal tubes are from the first gen. The octal version of the 35W4 is the 35Z5. The circuit should work as is although some experimentation may be needed to get the sound exactly right. The capacitor across the output transformer was fairly common in old AM radios since it helped dull the static. In a guitar amp the sound may be improved with a lower value or no cap at all.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.