• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

build a OTL (output-transformerless) amplifier

If you were going to build a OTL amplifier to live with long term

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Putting my money where my mouth is, currently acquiring parts to build an Atma-Sphere clone. I expect this to be my "retirement" amp, so I'm trying to do it as well as I know how.

Critical issue is determining which speakers you want to use. OTL's can be picky, especially with speakers that have impedence that varies wildly with frequency. I'm currently looking at some Audiokinesis Planetariums, which seem to be a great match for the OTL.

Same here....CometCKO my "retirement amp"

Putting my money where my mouth is, currently acquiring parts to build an Atma-Sphere clone. I expect this to be my "retirement" amp, so I'm trying to do it as well as I know how.

Critical issue is determining which speakers you want to use. OTL's can be picky, especially with speakers that have impedence that varies wildly with frequency. I'm currently looking at some Audiokinesis Planetariums, which seem to be a great match for the OTL.

My "retirement" amp" was the reason for the pole to get a idea of what diy guys thought what the best design was without endless experiments.

I too have chosen the Atma-Sphere 12 6AS7 clone from the "What tubes for a tube amp?" thread post #173.

I am building a Dipole speaker system with a H frame woofer about 90db with no dips.

I'm at the parts collecting phase with the amp,I wish I had a primer on the parts to buy (brand) an expensive option (best) and a upgrade option (good).

I'm like a deer in lights on resisters,cap, transformers,chassis, tube sockets,wire,

dwhitf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.