• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Quicksilver mini mono block amps?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
my minis are nice

Ive had my mini monos for about two years...I love them...warm clear natural...I swapped several tubes out and found that the JJ 6L6's work best....

I am using an antique sound lab phono pre- with a thorens table Jensen stepup, and Benz cartidge....and am not quite happy with the bass depth....(although the CD imput sounds perfect).

what I think I need is a quicksilver phono pre...

I noticed in an earlier post you were talking about quicksilver schematics....I would like to try and build a quicksilver phono pre myself as an interesting project...do YOU know how to get a copy of a schematic for this? Have you had any luck in finding one?

Also have you heard of a good cheap mod for the minis?

Thanks
toe

tony@littlevoice.com

I used to view the "Quicksilver " product as worth owning. After contacting the owner and being blown off I have contempt for both the product and the owners attitude.

Personally I believe that a better preamp can be built than what is
offered by Quicksilver.

Do a search for phono preamps on the forum. If you do not find anything then post a thread.

If you want to step up to the bigger mono block amps I have 2) mint 8417's that have been converted to use KT88's or 6550's.
They also have the cages.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.