• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

First post/build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all
Thanks for a great site

Ok my first amp build ever and it plays music
banana.gif
and sounds nice
drool.gif
... I read and learned all I could over the past year about building tube amp circuits here on diy and another forum. I started collecting parts about 2 months ago and with alot of help from an oldtimer learned to build a power supply. I decided to use a scheme from boozehound labs for a single ended 6v6-6sn7 amp. The circuit was modded just a bit and I droped the 6sn7 for a 6j5g and used a 5v4g for the rect. The 6v6 is triode straped for about 1w and with the right speaker sounds magical. Running a small 2 way 8" with a horn I can get pretty lound volume from it befor it starts to distort.. Well here are some pics and I will continue to update as I drill and finish the chassis. Thanks for reading

First pics are of the mono build to see if it worked
scratch2.gif

2010-10-21213011.jpg

2010-10-21213033.jpg

Time for stereo :D
2010-10-29090142.jpg

2010-10-29090101.jpg

2010-10-28213714.jpg

Thanks for looking ill do my best to answer any questions but remember im really new to this..

Jason

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.