• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Recommend me a 6V6 P-P schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a bunch of 6V6s and ECC82s laying around.. so, maybe I'll build an amp out of them sometimes. So, what schematic would you recommend? It doesn't need to be very simple, and I would prefer it to have a long-tailed pair input and cathode followed drivers. I'm thinking about using two pairs of 6V6s, but it shouldn't be very complex to just modify an single pair design.

That El Cheapo schematic looks promising. Could I use ECC82 instead of ECC81 as driver? I quickly calculated the differential amplification of a long-tailed pair by using formula A = Rd * gm /2 (found from some study-handouts, it was for FETs but I guess they are similar enough), for ECC82 it would be only 50, while it's 125 for ECC81. Would it help if I added another voltage amplification stage and a cathode follower driver after the LTP input stage?

Also, I would like to make it fully valve (except PSU), so how a ECC82 as a current source would work instead of those FETs? :D

193759d1288053862-have-anyone-built-6v6-amp-elcheapo-23jun06-map.gif

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.