• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

KT88 SE Complete Kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Also, dont know what your sourcing is for a majority of your parts and the chassis, but have you communicated with this guy?: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/179216-cnc-aluminium-chassis-tube-amps.html Some of his CNC work would look and be great if it was powder coated! And he is as enthusiastic as this thread is also to "mass produce". Now if I could just find a decent woodworker for the other portions of the chassis...

The chassis that will be part of the full kit will be raw aluminum with walnut side panels. You can see a photo at post #82. As far as the woodworking you might want to get in touch with "jmillerdoc" who is a member here. He does excellent work.

I am interested - if you are willing to skip the power trafo from the kit. Interested in the chasiss though, so not the basic kit you offered but almost the full kit minus the Trafo.

I would like to source one locally to reduce shipping weight.

Thanks

The chassis I will be offering will be precut for the lay-down style transformers as pictured in post #97, so unless you can source this style in the exact size, your only option to be able to use this chassis would be to custom cut an aluminum plate that would cover the transformer cutout and mount with the existing transformer mounting holes. You could then mount a standard stand-up transformer to the plate. This was something I had looked into briefly but I have been so busy trying to get this initial build going, that option is kind of on the back-burner for now, so to speak.

The chassis I will be offering will be precut for the lay-down style transformers as pictured in post #97, so unless you can source this style in the exact size, your only option to be able to use this chassis would be to custom cut an aluminum plate that would cover the transformer cutout and mount with the existing transformer mounting holes. You could then mount a standard stand-up transformer to the plate. This was something I had looked into briefly but I have been so busy trying to get this initial build going, that option is kind of on the back-burner for now, so to speak.

If you can give me the dimensions for the power Trafo mounting holes, That will help me check with my vendor. I have a local vendor who makes R-cores.

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.