diyAudio (
-   Tubes / Valves (
-   -   how to bypass the volume pot on my SET amp? (

PreSapian 18th October 2010 03:44 PM

how to bypass the volume pot on my SET amp?
hello. i'm starting to fiddle around with my new chinese SET amp- Spark 743D. i'd like to try to bywire them with a SS amp taking over the bass duties. the spark is an integrate amp but i don't know what type of volume pot it uses. could i still turn the volume to max and treat it as a dedicated power amp? would this pose any danger? please let me know. thanks.

nightanole 18th October 2010 04:57 PM

replace the pot with the same value resistor.

AKA if you have a 50k pot, then remove the pot and run a 50k resistor from rca in to ground. Then run the rca wire to the input of the amp.

There is no danger of just maxing the pot, but the resistor solution is gonna sound better and be leveled. Your pot is only going to track 6db level between channels. so if your feeding a pot with a pot your left right levels are going to be all over the place.

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:45 PM.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2017 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2