• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

2 stage AIKIDO

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need more gain then produced by standard AIKIDO. I need around 70. I need your opinion: Will this work?
I want to use next tubes: 6N6P as input and 6N23P as output

Attachments

• 2 stage aikido.png
    2 stage aikido.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 172
You can't easily direct-couple the first two stages. In theory, you could RC couple them, then direct couple to the White cathode follower. If I needed that much gain, I'd be more likely to skip the Aikido topology completely and use a high mu tube as a common-cathode voltage amplifier. That would then couple to a cathode follower (or White cathode follower). Much lower parts count this way.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I'm with SY on this one,but you should provide some more detail such as required signal levels, noise performance, output Z and the like.

Low level stuff could be handled quite effectively by just a single triode connected D3A for example, which if really low output impedance (below a couple of K ohms) is required could be handled by a white CF or even a plain and simple CF direct coupled to the plate of the D3A.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.