Cheap Sakura Hybrid Tube Amp Modification - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th September 2010, 02:28 AM   #1
monreq is offline monreq  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Default Cheap Sakura Hybrid Tube Amp Modification

I finished my final tweak in Sakura Hybrid Tube Amp. I said final because, this is the best tweak I've ever heard. Every details from the music played from the cdp were unveiled from this simple but powerful modification. The ideas came from Mel and the guts of doing the experiment in Sakura was by myself. The You Tube video is just to give an idea on the improvement. However, the actual listening session is better sounding, of course.

Video Of Previous Tweaks:

YouTube - Sakura Hybrid Tube Amp and Harmony X77 Testing Part 2older video

YouTube - Sakura Hybrid Tube Amp (Choke modifications) with AN Super 8 part 2 previous video

Final Tweak Listening Tests Video:
YouTube - Sakura Hybrid Tube Amp (Final Tweak) Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBGoe_pfMiU

YouTube - Sakura Hybrid Tube Amp Final Tweak Part 3

Thanks for viewing folks.

Note: The tweaks were supervise by rascal 101 of Pinoy DVD Philippines.
Old 29th September 2010, 03:10 AM   #2
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Do you have any info about this that isn't on youTube?

dave
Old 29th September 2010, 03:51 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

I'm not going to go into the details but the tweaks were on improving the drive circuit of the transistor based power amp of the Sakura AV-200 hybrid amplifier. Essentially, it is a way to reduce the effects of Miller capacitance.
Old 29th September 2010, 07:39 AM   #4
adamus is offline adamus  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

sounds awful to me.....through my shitty pc speakers, a mic, and then youtube encoding.
Old 29th September 2010, 08:40 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

What speakers are you using? I have a tweaked US $2.00 speaker and it sounds excellent to me.
Old 29th September 2010, 09:57 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamus View Post
sounds awful to me.....through my shitty pc speakers, a mic, and then youtube encoding.
Yeah right, that's why you should use better one (PC Speakers). I use only Bose Companion 2 computer speakers. Better to try to use a good quality headphone. Thanks for the comment. You Tube Video is not reliable on listening test but can give some idea how it sound. At least it doesn't sounds like tin can.
Old 29th September 2010, 12:47 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

What a cool thread. Would it be possible to make clips pre- and post- tweak of the same track, so we can compare the sound? What kind of mains cables are you using? Sounds a bit like Shunyata Python in the bass.
Old 29th September 2010, 01:25 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Default youtube

Can your camera choose a higher quality recording? On my Sony it has the option for different video resolutions and audio encoding bitrate + frequency.

YouTube - audiobuzz's Channel
Old 1st October 2010, 02:23 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog_sa View Post
What a cool thread. Would it be possible to make clips pre- and post- tweak of the same track, so we can compare the sound? What kind of mains cables are you using? Sounds a bit like Shunyata Python in the bass.
Thanks for the comment. Sorry, I can't no longer do the recording without the tweak. The cables I am using is D.I.Y magnet wire gauge 21 for the signal and gauge 18 for the ground. You can experiment which gauge you prefer. Yes, the overall frequencies were improved after the tweak. But the sound is better of course in actual listening session.
Old 1st October 2010, 02:25 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvalve View Post
Can your camera choose a higher quality recording? On my Sony it has the option for different video resolutions and audio encoding bitrate + frequency.

YouTube - audiobuzz's Channel
Sorry, my Sony video cam is Digital 8 series. It's the last model before Sony went to Hard Disc type video cam. I just use Memory Stick Pro to record it.

Hide this!Advertise here!