• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

First Time Tube Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I would like to know of a reasonable priced tube amp kit that can work with Bose 301 speakers. Bose says they can be used with a 10-150W per channel reciever and they are 4-8 ohms. I know they are not the best speakers but I got them as a present and will eventually make my own. I am engineer so I have electronics experience.

Thanks,
Craig

i still own a Bose 301 Continental for over 15 years now...

i only use this when testing new amps, until sometime ago when i connected a friend's Angela 91 300B on it and found that the sound is sweet. so i connected my own 300B (7wpc) and the loudness is enough for me. to get the Bose to pump more music, i connect it to my Anthem Amp1 (40wpc).

so to answer your question, you maybe better off with the likes of Dynaco ST-70.

I've never seen a kit per se, but the schematic and construction manual are all over the web. A simple search should turn it up.
Yes, it was originally a kit - so the manual explains the construction process, to a certain extent. It does contain a parts list too. All the parts can be gotten at the vendors listed in the "Where do you buy parts from?" thread.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.