• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Show us you COMPACT tube amps !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Tube Audio Diyers All,

I like to realize tube amp projects which are compact-sized...

Compactness doesn't necessarily mean little performances !

Compactness often goes with nice design, aesthetical vertues...

I am indeed not the only one to like compact tube amps, and some of you have probably built several ones - Please show us your releases, and comment it...

As an example, I start the first :

Here are my "compact" 6L6 ultralinear mono blocks (only 10Wrms no NFB loop low power class A operation) :

3031566L6POLARFIX1.jpg

1786876L6POLARFIX2.jpg

991970IMG_1977.jpg

287780IMG_1990.jpg

793999IMG_1993.jpg

894298IMG_1997.jpg

What are yours ??????????????

A+!

Last edited:
Here's a bitty spud - my "Mighty Mite" amp. It uses the 6LR8 vertical deflection tube, Hammond 125CSE output iron, and a SMPS inside the box. Right now, the thing is set up with the output pentodes in triode mode, but I may change it around to "Schade style" partial feedback to coax some more power out.

Attachments

• mmitefv.jpg
    mmitefv.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 333
This is the "Shrine" amp, based on a standard Hammond case that happens to be a 6" cube. This was the first tube amp that I completed (though not the first that I started...). The case was the inspiration for the amp, as I imagined something with all the guts inside and tubes on top, then labored to make the conception a reality. Input is a pair of PN4393 jfets, each cascoded with a 6C4 triode. Outputs are the venerable 1625 beam power tetrode (12V version of 807 - cheap, cheap, cheap) operated in UL mode. Output iron is Edcor GXSE-15-8-5k (old open frame stuff rather than the new product w/end bells). There's an SMPS inside to make everything go. The picture shows the first version with blue LED and plate wires, with Edcor XSE output iron. The current incarnation sports yellow LED and wires (easier on the eye) with the GXSE iron inside, and a new, quieter SMPS.

Attachments

• shrine_1.jpg
    shrine_1.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 797
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.