Help with my new system - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th September 2010, 07:11 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Help with my new system

I've had my system almost the same for a long while now. Even though it sounds very nice, I want to build something new...as if I ever have time for that...but nothing wrong in discussing it.
Now: All SE throughout. SE RIAA tube pre, SE line stage, SE power amp.
I am not plagued with noise, though it is not hiss-free when cranked.
Future plan: Balanced RIAA, Bal. line stage, PP amp for bass and SE amp for mid-high.
I think I know what I want for the pwr amps, 6AS7 PP amp and parallel 6W6 SE amp. The RIAA and linestage is another matter. I cannot seem to make up my mind. The only sure thing is to build a balanced front end.

So any ideas? Perhaps I can simply tweak my present RIAA and double up to make it balanced?

Here is the schem for it, not including the supply which is EZ80 into CCS charged capacitor buffered by MOSFET. (I built it into an old Lenco platter).

Some of the transformer coupled designs tickle my lower right brain cell at the moment, so it may go that way.

Somebody put me on the right track please...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg riaa.JPG (139.0 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg preamp.JPG (149.3 KB, 34 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!