• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

More pictures as my project took a little leap forward

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi again

This monday I finally got my copper-plate cut at a local company that cuts with water. I have had the cad-design ready for quite some time but a thunderstorm killed their water-machine, so I had to wait a while. Here are the pictures of the result:

http://213.67.45.70/prototype/

It's just a prototype. To see if everything fitted. I haven't decided if I should maybe make the final wooden-chassis in black piano-lacquer. Anyway the copper is going to be goldplated when I'm ready, as well as the shield-plates on my transformers. Should look really good.

(The pictures are HUGE since I couldn't find a program to scale them down with)

Mikael,

Absolutely beautiful work. Only one thing I may point out...

If the 9 pin socket is for your preamp to two single ended output tubes... you may get much hum from the power transformer in the middle.

Sorry to be the bearer of potentially bad news.

Otherwise... I am jealous also!

Nice work. Let us know if there is or isn't a hum problem.

Gabe

I also like the bare copper but since the transformershields are zink-plated it's just too many different colors. The copper, the shields, dome-nuts and everything except the black screws will probably be gold-plated. Also, the cans for the 6n1p are gold. There are som hideous looking alu-cans which I use when I try the circuit out, but for the final amp I will ofcourse use the gold-plated ones.

I just mounted the output-transformers and some sides to the woodenplate shown on the pics. Holy crap! It looks so good I thought I was goin' to faint. Especially when I put my KT88's in the sockets. I'm waiting for a digital camera so I can put up some more pics, because you just HAVE to see this. I can't even begin to describe how proud I am right now. :cheerful:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.