• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

tube-aholics anonymous ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just ordered a bunch of tubes, without even having a project for them all. I just couldn't resist them. And I've only even built one beginners tube project. Is this an incurrable condition - what advice do you have for me ;)
LOL. My advice, enjoy them and welcome to the "club". Some of us here, myself included, have thousands stashed away. As long as you can pay the bills, it's a harmless disease.

Jewelry. Buy your wife more jewelry. It makes it easier on her when you bring home your second or third truckload of tubes and start to devote entire rooms for tube storage. And always remind her of those friends of yours who have motorcycles, classic cars, boats, ect. and how much MORE their hobbies cost than yours!!

Hello, my name is Joel and I'm a tubeaholic...

:drink:

Hello All,
My name is Bob I do not have a problem. I am here with a friend. I still have not reached the limit on my credit card. Storage space is becoming limited and I have purchased an inventory database to keep track of it all.
To be frank it is not just tubes. It is capacitors, resistors, chokes and I just bought 50 pounds of ten pound power transformers.
What allows me to feel better is that I know that allyouall got it worse than me.
DT
All Just for fun!

Step 2 - Visit a Hamfest. Look for boxes of tubes labeled, "Tubes: $1 each." Offer $25 for a box of 50. Abscond with the goods and cull as in Step 1. :D

3 - drop out Theoretical Physics, and go to Electrical Engineering. :D

Speaking of 12 steps, I recently recorded a lecture by Debby Barrett and Brigitta F. D'Amato. It was called Tracing The Roots of Twentieth Century Recovery Phenomenon to the Royal Tombs of Egypt. Indeed, similarities between "12 steps" and "12 hours" are astonishing. One of them read from one text commenting it out, other read from another, step by step.

What did they use instead of vacuum tubes in Ancient Egypt, huh? ;)

http://www.tubedata.org/other/ancient_tubes.pdf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.