• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

My first amp - a direct coupled 2A3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is a picture of the assembled units. I still have to wire them, but that's easier than all the build up to this point. I spent a day alone just sanding and polishing the tops.

You can see more of the build on my web site :
DC2A3 web page

Attachments

• assembleleft509.jpg
    assembleleft509.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 2,044
A quote from Tubebuilder

Not only them, but over the last several years I have noticed alot of sites mentioning simplicity. After seeing some older equipment it is good to see improvements being implemented.

There are still some at a chat site or two that won't accept the premise that sonic differences occur by this suggestion. :)

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

QUOTE]And their are ways to top even your bascic P2P and C2C too...[/QUOTE]
This should read: And there are ways to top even your basic P2P and C2C too.

You of all people don't understand?

Crickey...you virtually invented the term:

P2P = Point to Point.

C2C = Component to Component.

One way to top the latter is C2C wirewrapping...at least that's my opinion.

Cheers,;)

Re: ...wow...

James D. said:
Nice job!

Are you trained as a wireman?

James

Well, kind of. I've been in electronics for over 20 years and spent ten years working for a research & development firm. I did a lot of stuff for the Military and NASA. I've worked everything from hand wire wrapping prototypes to hot air surface mount rework. My passion lies in audio where my two lives come together.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.