• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Vetruvio Audio; new competition for the Chinese?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So in my never ending exploring for stuff that lands in the "How do they possibly make that stuff so cheap" category I've found another player. Any heard of or dealt with the following:

vetruvioaudio.com

They've got a SET based on the GM70 that kicks out a reported 40 wpc and does it for only 700 bucks. They've also got a Circlotron option doing roughly the same output for only 500. Sure its got a couple of tuna cans on the back, but still...

They've been kind enough to post the schematics for their products online at their website and I'd love to hear what some of the more experienced folks here think of they design.

Overall I still like the looks of most of the Chinese options over this one, but its always nice to have options.

Competition for the Chinese? Hardly. A lot of Chinese amps are reasonably well designed and often very nicely built in modern factories. Not the result of garage one offs. Would anyone seriously want to own a music component at this level of fit and finish? Assembly is obviously very labour intensive, a real waste. Why would a diyer even consider buying this is beyond me. And for a non-diyer total cost of ownership may become shocking.

Competition for the Chinese? Hardly. A lot of Chinese amps are reasonably well designed and often very nicely built in modern factories. Not the result of garage one offs. Would anyone seriously want to own a music component at this level of fit and finish? Assembly is obviously very labour intensive, a real waste. Why would a diyer even consider buying this is beyond me. And for a non-diyer total cost of ownership may become shocking.

Hi, there.
I bought this amp 1 year ago. The design of the case is very elegant and perfectly cared (maybe on the photos it does not seem...).
After I bought I spent one week to check it up completely
Actually is the amp I use to listen the music every day.
Vetruvio published the schematic, but the real amp is not done like that at all: Don't loose your time to discuss about that schematic.... as I saw in another discussion here... The schematics you can find on their site, are just "free schematics".
This amp sounds great and they was able to arrive at this result with very innovative solution...
Maybe the chinese care more about the case, but I can guarantee that inside their device there is nothing like this, but always the same warm up soup...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.