• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Chinese 6N1 tube replacement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
6DJ8 / 6922 / ECC88 / 7308 can be good alternatives, but it depends on the circuit.
Do you have a schematic of how and where the 6N1 tube is used?

The chinese 6n1 is a sick (and very different) puppy, but very often, tube amp manufacturers design around the russian 6n1p and plugin chinese toys afterwards.

6DJ8 / 6922 / ECC88 / 7308 can be good alternatives, but it depends on the circuit.
Do you have a schematic of how and where the 6N1 tube is used?

The chinese 6n1 is a sick (and very different) puppy, but very often, tube amp manufacturers design around the russian 6n1p and plugin chinese toys afterwards.

It is a yaqin vk2100 Im using 6922 now but would like to upgrade !
I had the same amp with 12au7 and liked it alot but now I have this one .
Do you know what would give me that sweet sound of a 12au7 ?

Thank !

I tried various makes of ECC85 and they did not match well in my amplifier. I had problems with micro-phony and some exhibited very high frequency oscillation. After a period of experimentation I went back to using Svetlana 6N1-P that had a large Gold S logo. These sounded best in my amp compared to other Russian 6N1's and in particular my last set of Svetlana 6N1-P's I tried, with a Black winged C logo, which sounded very poor. Just wish I could get hold of the Gold S logo ones again but they seem hard to find.

Hi,
Svetlana (Winged C) never produced 6N1P, the svetlana 6N1P was produced by Voskhod, Kaluga. The Svetlana 6N1P available today is (I belive) produced by expo pul factory in Saratov, both in Russia. IMO the best of the 6N1P available is the 6N1P-EV produced at Voskhod factory ( with the rocket symbol) before 1984. The closest western equivalent is 6BQ7 or ECC180 (6BQ7A).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.