• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

tube/SS hybrid (low power)- need tube help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Congrats on the new speakers. :) Amazing improvement, eh? Wow.... maybe I should mod mine and uprade the amp... hehe- they are no where close to the other ones.

Would this work for a power supply: (forgive the verbal description...)

single toroidal tranny (15-0-15VAC, 35VA)
three rectifiers: one feeding +/-15V regulators for opamps and buffers; one for tube power- + for tube plate and - for tube ground (I wouldn't ground this to the amp ground, would I? I would think that would throw the whole thing off...); last one set up like tube PS, with negative being the ground with + being regulated to 6V for heater.

That makes sense to me... but I am confusing at times. hehe Does it sound like it might work, though? If I did it with - being tube ground, then I would get a higher plate voltage... perhaps around 40V from cathode. Correct? So it should sound decent? Or no... this is the problem I always have.... never know what to do. :dead: For the small price, I suppose it is worth a try. Maybe it will work... What it comes down to is probably not my lack of ability but my belief that I lack ability. ;)

No!

He did visit me and I told him not to mention anything.

Frank, Trespasser is a high school student, so he probably didn't know. In fact, I couldn't find any mention of it in the "announcement", so he probably didn't even know. Please give him a break.

I will apologize for the both of us, as I responded to him and shouldn't have in that matter.

And I hope Trespasser isn't angry at me, but the truth is always right.

Again my apologies for the mistake for both of us and will remove the ps mention of the new speakers etc. Unfortunately, there is no edit button on that post for me to edit. I have contacted Planet10 in this matter.

Trespasser, I would edit your post and remove any references to seeing me etc if you can.

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

No worries... it was the P.S. in T.P.'s reply that triggered my suspiscion.

For Pete's sake guys, as long as the mods are happy..so am I.

Again my apologies for the mistake for both of us and will remove the ps mention of the new speakers etc. Unfortunately, there is no edit button on that post for me to edit. I have contacted Planet10 in this matter.

Steve, come'on it's not because I spotted something I thought a little odd that you had to let the MDs know.;)

Hey, not for nothing they call me Eagle Eye at home.;)

Don't worry, be happy.:cool:

Cheers,

Well, Frank, you are getting to know me, I just wanted to make sure there were no problems, or if there were, to correct it.

Maybe it was so late when TP and I posted, but after your post, I checked back and I can see why you or anyone else might have those suspicions. They did look awfully suspicious. Just wasn't thinking.

Anyway, I just want to be sure all is ok with you, the moderator, and anyone else.

Thanks.

Major oops on my part.... Sorry to all for that. I forgot about what I was saying and cannot edit now.... :ashamed:

I was not intending to promote on this website, I wasn't even thinking when I was posting... I was just using that as my example to describe the sound I was looking for. Not my intention to promote... If mods could edit that out of my post, that's fine. Anyway...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.