• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Trade Custom Speaker Horns for Custom Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been dabbling in the DIY audio hobby for about 10 years now and have designed and built some pretty spectacular speakers, most of which are horns. I was curious if anyone out there was into building amps but only dreamed of having the perfect speakers to go with them. I think a little swap would serve us both. I'm looking for some S.E.T. amps probably 2A3 or 300B (your advice would be helpful), and if you tell me what you've always desired from your speakers I could make it happen for you as well. Please let me know if we can help each other.:D

Well perhaps perfect wasn't the best choice of words but if you have an idea what you're looking for they could be perfect for you! My friend Doug is a professional cabinet maker and has a custom woodworking shop. I'm something of a self styled engineer/inventor and have been going to town lately with the combination of Hornresp and Google Sketchup. Here are a couple of the cabinets we have built along with some of the designs I've come up with. With the exception of the pink studio monitors which were a graduation gift for a friend of mine with a heavenly voice the rest of the stuff in the photos are the stuff Doug didn't really want anymore(he keeps the good stuff at his place) Most of the stuff we built was just to see how it would sound, we aren't particularly concerned with finishing them all the time whereas if we built them for you we would finish them and put binding posts and such on them.

Attachments

• P1010264.jpg
    P1010264.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 1inx4 mini tower3.jpg
    1inx4 mini tower3.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 88
  • all done.jpg
    all done.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Betsy K.jpg
    Betsy K.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 80
  • Cory.jpg
    Cory.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 82
  • fountek 3in.jpg
    fountek 3in.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 42
  • P1010151.jpg
    P1010151.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 49
  • P1010169.jpg
    P1010169.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 46
  • P1010262.jpg
    P1010262.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 54
  • P1010170.jpg
    P1010170.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 40
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.