G-807=807 SE or PP? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th June 2010, 11:53 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to gabrielbecheanu Send a message via Yahoo to gabrielbecheanu
Default G-807=807 SE or PP?

Hi
I would like to make an amplifier with this tube. Any idea witch configuration will be better? SE or PP
Any schematics for SE or PP configuration, I would like something tested, also OPT schematics will be nice.
Thanks
Old 26th June 2010, 01:12 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

better for what? What expertise and experience do you have in building electronics stuff? What are you wanting the amp for eg room size, the specification of your speakers etc? These all help, since you have asked a question that can be answered wit ha very simple but not too powerful answer (RH807 is SE at around 10WPC) or a more complex but more powerful answer (Miles or Shoog will help here at around 25WPC) or a VERY powerful and complex build (read: expensive) outputting up to 80WPC...
Old 26th June 2010, 01:31 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Of course, PP is better for 807 tube, if to speak of a linear amp! You may find plate curves available everywhere and check for yourself. In SE it needs deep feedback to work satisfactory.
Old 26th June 2010, 08:42 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to gabrielbecheanu Send a message via Yahoo to gabrielbecheanu
Hi
When I made my first amplifier (SE with 6C33C) the most important was the sound quality, not the power or consumption or how big will be. So when I want to chose a tube for an amplifier I want to know for what is more suitable? SE or PP
aardvarkash10 6C33C-B. PP or SE ? read from post 133 my expertise. It was my first tube amp.
Wavebourn PP in did, most of the schematic I have are PP, now I must decide witch one to make it. I will try to collect more schematics I will stdy them and try to decede.
Thanks
Old 26th June 2010, 08:52 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

ok, well the 807 is not the most naturally linear of tubes as wavebourn notes. This kinda steers you toward pp. Of course you still have a HUGE range of options in that field including whether to triode, u/l or pentode the tube and the gamut of A, A1, AB1, AB2 decisions...

Check out Miles' Vixen design - the rest of the linked thread is well worth reading too.

I've attached the RH807 as well for an Se option. Wavebourn will no doubt chip in about the triode driver here...
Attached Images
File Type: gif rh84_sch.gif (11.1 KB, 768 views)

Last edited by aardvarkash10; 26th June 2010 at 08:57 AM.
Old 26th June 2010, 09:09 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Thanks aardvarkash10
I hope that this thread to become more interesting for all the guys who wants to make an amplifier with this tube.
These are the schematic that I have
Attached Images
File Type: gif 807_c.gif (27.2 KB, 807 views)
File Type: gif 807ab2a1.gif (27.4 KB, 739 views)
File Type: gif 807ab2s1.gif (31.8 KB, 726 views)
File Type: gif 807-pl.gif (16.0 KB, 699 views)
File Type: jpg 807PP1!!!!!.jpg (479.5 KB, 323 views)
File Type: gif 807-s.gif (32.9 KB, 346 views)
File Type: gif a807.gif (38.3 KB, 309 views)
File Type: jpg se parallel 807.jpg (115.7 KB, 337 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ppg807.pdf (68.9 KB, 175 views)
Old 26th June 2010, 09:10 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

yeah - sorry posted the wrong attachment for the RH 807 - link to the correct one is here
Old 18th July 2010, 08:33 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

I would like to hear a few words about an 807 PP in AB class if someone made one.
Thanks
Old 19th July 2010, 12:57 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

^^^^

Ask and ye shall receive: Clicky.

More information: Vixen

Hide this!Advertise here!