• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Getting OPT in Japan?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Noguchi-trans have closed their shop last year. General-trans taken over their business.
????? | ??????????????
OPT's are usually wired after ordered so it takes a month in Japan. In basement of radio department, General trans shop might have some ready made transformers there. Also Toei, Kasuga, Kasuga musen, Noguchi-trans (Now General-trans), Andix audio sells Finemet core transformers. The Finemet core has good reviews but pretty expensive.

Tamra, I am glad General-Trans take over Noguchi business. The store patron seems very enthusiastic when I purchased the transformer. I show them the circuit diagram of what I am trying to build. They even re-check to make sure I bought the right thing by looking for other circuit and operating class.

Tamra, do you know if any of those stores stock Iso or Hashimoto. It seems to me they always have some stock of their own brand but not necessarily have higher end ISO or Hashimoto? I asked Kasuga Musen shop keeper if I can pre-order online before I came to Japan, but I got straight no (not sure if its due to language barrier)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.