• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

PP with Unbalanced concertina = 2nd H?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cool. I built a V8 right after hurricane Wilma nuked the neighboorhood. The corrugated aluminium hurricane panels make for a suitable chassis. They could be found in the streets all over the neighborhood since people didn't mount them properly. Mine used 6SL7's and Chinese 6L6GC's since they are cheap.

The throttle knob is obvious, but I used "timing" (tone) "boost" (master gain) and "launch control" (feedback) but no brake. Since the Fast and Furious movies were a hit here my "engine" was transverse mounted in a painted plywood box made from hurricane leftovers. There was of course a "NOS" pedal that contained a transistor fuzz box. I never photographed it, but I know the current owner, and have visitation rights.

I started on a V12, but never finished it.

That sounds great! Pictures!

A Merlin V12 would be impressive. The input jack could go into a header and the output through an exhaust stack;)

I have an idea for a radial engine as well, with aluminum cab shaped into an engine cowling, polished and assembled with rivets...oh if I only had the time...

That sounds great! Pictures!

I know the guy that I sold it to (real cheap). He said that his brother was using it and he lives about 2 blocks from me. I will see If I can get to photograph it. It is not pretty like yours though. We had no power for 3 weeks after hurricane Wilma trashed our area about 5 years ago. I cut the straight end off of a mangled hurricane panel with a chop saw under generator power. The cabinet was made of recycled plywood (also plentiful after a hurricane) that was screwed together with sheetrock screws. The plywood was spray painted black.

A Merlin V12 would be impressive.

Well I had this idea to make a prettier version using one of those clear see through hurricane panels that I got from Home Depot. Same V shape, just more tubes. Never got very far.

I also found some energy drinks in a can that looks just like the NOS bottle used to boost power on drag race engines. Good for cap covers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.