• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Recommended upgrades for Yaqin Tube Buffer ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings,

I manage to put my hand on a mint Yaqin Tube Buffer with additional new tubes:
2X Telefunken CV4010
2X Valve electronic CV4010 KQDD/K

I believe the unit is the first edition (CD1!?) with two exposed tubes and point-point wiring inside.

I intend to use it between my computer analog output and the 6CH DIY Class-D amp (Tripath TA2020) in order to play and experiment with "tube" stereo sound (the buffer will only "sit" on the front L/R channels).

The speakers are KEF CODA 70 book-shelfs...

- Are there any recommended modifications for this unit (apart from trying different tubes) ?
Link will be great...

- Any suggestions on automatically controlling On/Off from the PC or the Tripath amp? (anything other than building a separate relay box) ?

How much current does it consume when "idle" - i.e. no input signal? (will it indeed consume full power anyhow?)

Regards,
Gal

Apparently I've got the second edition CD2 wit the two 6J1 tubes,
It actually looks pretty well built !
Any suggestions or interesting ideas?
What should I check? (groundings etc..)

Attachments

• THA06-photo_06.jpg
    THA06-photo_06.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 572
  • THA06-photo_07.jpg
    THA06-photo_07.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 556
Last edited:
Greetings,

I intend to use it between my computer analog output and the 6CH DIY Class-D amp (Tripath TA2020) in order to play and experiment with "tube" stereo sound (the buffer will only "sit" on the front L/R channels).

Regards,
Gal

how is the sound when u plug this setup ? I too am expecting the amp wanted to know how quality when u hv something like 2ch source->yaqin->tripath->speakers. Do the mids sound mellow and bass is spot on ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.