• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

MA XDSE KT88 vs YAQIN MC-100B KT88

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I suggest to by a valve preamp with bass and treble controls "Xiang Sheng 728A" like what I have. The sound quality will improve and also the wattage output will improve also too.

As i ckecked from ebay both of them have the same output frequency response and the same rms watts output.

If it is possible you use the same speaker and listen to them both with the same cd player or something else and use the same music.

If the quality output is the same then choose the one that it is more beautiful from your eyes.

Study has suggested that the Yaqin has a higher build quality with real components, the MA components may need replacing on arrival.

If it were me I'd go for the FU50 push-pull amp D2020, and replace the coupling caps on arrival.

I just prefer the FU50/GU50 tubes - that's all ;)

ETA: Plus you get rectifier tubes and optional point to point wiring. They also do a KT88 version IIRC.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.