Ask tube rect 5u4c and JJ caps - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st May 2010, 09:29 AM   #1
ervinl is offline ervinl  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Default Ask tube rect 5u4c and JJ caps

I just bought 5u4c tube rect (Russian) and JJ caps (100-100) to upgrade the PSU for my simple 5687 AF pre amp. Could I mount both things in any direction (horizontal instead of vertical), due to chasis limitation? Will it introduce more noise, as close to pre amp board?

About JJ caps, I try to shake by hand and heard some sound inside, is this normal? Indicating it is filled by something like oil or others (not sure). Don't experience with cheap caps like regular Nippon Chemicon caps (1/10 of JJ audio grade price).

Thanks,

Ervin L

Hide this!Advertise here!