24A tube in triode mode, help !!! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 04:36 AM   #1
aldovan is offline aldovan  Brazil
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Curitiba
Default 24A tube in triode mode, help !!!

Friends

I want use the 24A in triode mode.
I want use 150V in the plate and the screen, but in the RCA manual, the maximum screen recommended voltage is 90V...
I can put 150V in the screen, this value is conservative and the tube support 150V , or I have risk of burn the screen ?

Thanks,

Aldovan
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 05:55 AM   #2
jfitz57 is offline jfitz57  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Western Massachusetts U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldovan View Post
Friends

I want use the 24A in triode mode.
I want use 150V in the plate and the screen, but in the RCA manual, the maximum screen recommended voltage is 90V...
I can put 150V in the screen, this value is conservative and the tube support 150V , or I have risk of burn the screen ?

Thanks,

Aldovan
24A? Why? Are you sure you don't mean 242A? Just asking.

Jim
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 06:01 AM   #3
aldovan is offline aldovan  Brazil
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Curitiba
Default 24a...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfitz57 View Post
24A? Why? Are you sure you don't mean 242A? Just asking.

Jim
Yes, is the old tetrode 24A...
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 06:14 AM   #4
Arnulf is offline Arnulf  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Excessive voltage = risk of flashover & too much screen grid current. Note the rrecommended screen voltage is waaaaay below 90V.

If I were you I'd either use it as intended or not at all.
__________________
mod verb, transitive /mod/ to state that one is utterly clueless about the operation of device to be "modded" and into "fixing" things that are not broken; "My new amplifier sounds great so I want to mod it."
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 07:11 AM   #5
aldovan is offline aldovan  Brazil
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Curitiba
Default 24a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnulf View Post
Excessive voltage = risk of flashover & too much screen grid current. Note the rrecommended screen voltage is waaaaay below 90V.

If I were you I'd either use it as intended or not at all.
Thanks !!!
But I want use this pentode in triode mode. I need connect to plate and the plate will work with 150V. Them I use a resistor between the plate and the screen for lower the voltage and limit the current ?


Aldovan
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 04:33 AM   #6
jfitz57 is offline jfitz57  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Western Massachusetts U.S.A.
I think you would be safe connecting it as a triode with a plate resistor connectet to 150 volts. 24A is a 'signal' not 'power' tube. What are you intending to do? Some kinda funky guitar amp input stage?

Jim
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 10:36 AM   #7
aldovan is offline aldovan  Brazil
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Curitiba
Default Only a experience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfitz57 View Post
I think you would be safe connecting it as a triode with a plate resistor connectet to 150 volts. 24A is a 'signal' not 'power' tube. What are you intending to do? Some kinda funky guitar amp input stage?

Jim
I have some of these high gain tetrodes and will make a experience for verify what is the gain in triode mode....
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
could 24A been power tube sam8888ysl Tubes / Valves 14 1st June 2014 03:49 PM
Looking for the triode mode of Z759 olaychang Tubes / Valves 0 22nd January 2010 01:29 AM
Looking for Schematic 6550 tube amp triode mode more than 35Watt ? calico88 Tubes / Valves 26 10th August 2009 02:49 PM
Boosted Triode mode? Jeb-D. Tubes / Valves 2 21st August 2007 02:28 AM
Using a spdt switch to select between triode mode and pentode mode on a guitar amp. G Tubes / Valves 19 15th March 2006 09:15 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:41 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2