• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Switchercad symbols

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

Anyone using switchercad? It is a free spice type program. That I use purely for schematics. Adding new symbols used to be hell!
Now it is done quite easily from inside SWCAD. I've drawn a couple of symbols.

Check it out..
http://home.zonnet.nl/horneman/swcad.htm

Regards,
Bas

Attachments

• swcad.gif
    swcad.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 207
Hi Bas,

Thanks for the update. New parts are always the time consuming part of all these "schemes".
Because I'm conversent with it, I have been using my old schematic capture / PCB program, but it does draw sh1tty schema's. Maybe I'll try Swcad again.

Oops: the anodes and cathodes are transposed on your linked EY81 example :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Oops: the anodes and cathodes are transposed on your linked EY81 example

Ooops indeed..thanks!.....

Do you know something? I actually have them the wrong way around in my pre-amp as well!!!

I have the top cap as out!

Does it matter? Apparently not!!!!

Cheers,
Bas

{Edit}...just noticed there is more wrong...one transformer HT lead is to ground...ehm...eham...(beavis and butthead laugh)

Anyone have a good 6DJ8 model that works properly in SWCAD / LTSPICE? I've been trying to use the "generic triode model" NH6DJ8 from Duncan's Amp website, but it keeps giving me the error "doAnalysis: Matrix is singular". No problem with the NH12AT7 or NH12AU7 models, though, so it's gotta be something specific to the 6DJ8 parameters. For now, I'm using the older 6DJ8 model from Duncan's Amp site. Ideas anyone? Is there a fix for this problem ... perhaps just a setting somewhere?

6dj8 models

@hifiZen

I have quite a few 6DJ8 pspice and 3f4 spice models. I could email them to you if you like. Since I don't use Switchercad or LTSpice I don't know what the problem is with Duncan's NH6DJ8 in the aforementioned. It should work if the others do; maybe there's atypo or something simple like that. You could try posting your problem here:

http://forum.duncanamps.com/viewforum.php?f=9&sid=55b8a3957a14bba75aa19db477c6636c

Cheers
Wayne :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.