• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Headphone Amplifier 6922EH

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have bought a small hybrid valve headphone amplifier from ebay with 6922EH valve with 3 band equalizer.

I has connected it to the pc and use the headphones with it and pc speakers. The sound quality has improved alot and compared for the price that I spend on this small hybrid valve headphone amplifier it is worth it.

My problem is that there are 2 mosfets IRF630 that are getting very hot. When I checked the datasheet of this component it says that will works up to 150 degrees celcius.

Has someone have this kind of product with equalizer or not. Before I had one without equalizer and had the same question about the IRF630. Is it standard that both IRF630 becomes veryhot?

Thanks Alot and Best Regards

This becomes hot about 3 to 5 mins. When I used it about an hour it becomes very hot.

When you touch the heatsinks cannot support the ammount of heat that it is raised on my finger. Even the perspex is getting hot altough it is not touching the heatsink.

I worried that the 2 mosfet IRF630 will become faulty coz of the high tempreature.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.