• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

eschematic amplifier sinle end 12at7 6av6 6bq5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I take it you need to rebuild a single ended amp. Is this a guitar amp?

Thank you for the answer, I have a circuit hi fi for audio, not for guitar, and has valve 12ax7 in control of tone, 6av6 in the prior and single end of 6bq5 output transformers has a third exit realimentando catodo of the 6av6 and I want to upgrade the era of a ranser high fidelity tocadisco

Gracias por la respuesta, tengo un circuito hi fi para audio, no para guitarra, con válvula 12ax7 en control de tono, 6av6 en el pre y 6bq5 de salida con transformadores con una tercera salida realimentando el catodo de la 6av6 y quiero lo quiero modernizar nesecito un buen circuito para modernizarlo

I don't understand Spanish, but enough of what's posted to make some sense has gotten through. A stereo SE amp that uses 12AX7s in the tone control circuitry and a 6AV6 as a driver for an EL84 "final" needs to be rebuilt. Tone controls are out of favor, as few recordings benefit and those that don't benefit get fouled up. I suggest that a variant of the RH84 be built. The 6AB4 contains the same triode as the 12AT7/ECC81 shown and would drop right in to the socket currently occupied by the 6AV6. That leaves the 12AX7 available for other duty. Personally, I would build a phono section. However, if you are adamant about having tone controls, the attached Max Robinson design could be modified to replace the AC coupled cathode followers with DC coupled ZVN0545A source followers, making a single 12AX7 in each channel satisfactory.

Attachments

• Tone_Control.jpg
    Tone_Control.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 297
Gracias por la respuesta, tengo un circuito hi fi para audio, no para guitarra, con válvula 12ax7 en control de tono, 6av6 en el pre y 6bq5 de salida con transformadores con una tercera salida realimentando el catodo de la 6av6 y quiero lo quiero modernizar nesecito un buen circuito para modernizarlo
Ola!
Mas tu amplificador esta trabajando? talvez no nesecites muitas modificaciones! Cambiar los electroliticos ? Las valvulas estan buenas?
Gracias

consegui este circuite, y les pregunto si les parece de buen diseño

I got this circuit, and ask if you think of good design

Yes it is a very classic design : from 1920...1930 till present days every cheap radio have this as the final amp !
Only the tube differs but the schematics is the same !
Also I have build about 3 amplifier with this schematics over the years .

se que es un diseño muy basico. alguien me podra facilitar un circuito mas moderno hi fi. tal ves hibrido. por que queri utilizar algo mas complejo

It is a design very basic. someone I can facilitate a circuit more modern hi fi. as you can see hybrid. queri to use something more complex

les agradezco a todos por sus respuestas los respeto mucho y los admiro, gracias.. por ayudarme en mi proyecto

I thank you all for your answers the respect much and I admire them, thank you... for helping me in my project

se que es un diseño muy basico. alguien me podra facilitar un circuito mas moderno hi fi. tal ves hibrido. por que queri utilizar algo mas complejo

It is a design very basic. someone I can facilitate a circuit more modern hi fi. as you can see hybrid. queri to use something more complex

les agradezco a todos por sus respuestas los respeto mucho y los admiro, gracias.. por ayudarme en mi proyecto

I thank you all for your answers the respect much and I admire them, thank you... for helping me in my project
Hello/OLA
Yes,this is a good circuit, so MAKE IT ! But i think you want to connect it to an old record player (TOCADISCOS),then you will need a preamp wich you can make with the ECC83 (12AX7), and use the 6Av6 as the pre for the 6BQ5 (EL84)! And i think it will work fine! And what kind of pickup you have in the Tocadiscos? MM/MD/Piezzo?
Este circuito es muy bueno!
Good luck/ Boa sorte (Lo portugues es muy parecido com espanol a)
Spanish is very similar with Portuguese

Hello, if you are trying to learn with a first amplifier the 6V6 based amplifier shown in this same forum is a good one, just low powered. Check boozhoundlabs.com (first Hi Fi primer).

Hola, si lo que estas tratando de hacer es aprender con un primer amplificador, el que está basado en las 6V6 es muy bueno pero de poca potencia. Revisá boozhoundlabs.com (articulo Hi Fi primer).

Best regards/Saludos

Last edited:
Hello/OLA
Yes,this is a good circuit, so MAKE IT ! But i think you want to connect it to an old record player (TOCADISCOS),then you will need a preamp wich you can make with the ECC83 (12AX7), and use the 6Av6 as the pre for the 6BQ5 (EL84)! And i think it will work fine! And what kind of pickup you have in the Tocadiscos? MM/MD/Piezzo?
Este circuito es muy bueno!
Good luck/ Boa sorte (Lo portugues es muy parecido com espanol a)
Spanish is very similar with Portuguese

la traduccion esta mal...en el pasado era para tocadisco.. yo lo voy a usar para cd
the translation is wrong... in the past was to tocadisco.. I will use to cd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.