• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Phono preamp with c/em2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI !
I was looking to some of my old tubes and i found a few C/EM2 from Telefunken,and i had a crazy idea of making a phono preamp with them using the triode section of this very old magic eye! but i dont know if this triode has enough gain to do the job ! I did not find this data in the web!
Maybe someone could give me a help! what is the gain of this triode?
Thanks !

datasheet

It doesn't look nearly as bad as I would have guessed from its intended role.

It has mu of 50 and I'd really be interested to hear how it sounds with CCS load. Others will chime in regarding phono portion of your idea, I never dealt with those before.
Thanks!
I have made a few tests and this triode seems to be very linear! Making a phono preamp with this tube, we also have a VU METER! How about that?i
When i finish this project,i will send report with photos and test results!
Thank you!

Excellent. I suggest you have a look at the tube phono preamp article mentioned in most recent DIYaudio newsletter. Author elaborates really well on all aspects of development, I read the article through in first ago even though I don't own a single record and mostlikely never will have any need to play them (interesting explanation is provided on the subject of noise in high amplification factor circuits). Here's the link:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/diya...oise-thoroughly-modern-tube-phono-preamp.html

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.