• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Guess That Tube

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Several 2N3904 and 2N3906 in a standard differential gain stage setup with negative feedback.

From a one-dimensional graph, there truely isn't anything to go on, much less solve for a hundreds-of-dimensions circuit with an undefined number of stages and branches. Even a single stage amplifier can have significant shunt and series feedback, reducing distortion of even 12AU7 to negligible levels.

Sooo, whatever it is you're trying to tease about, try to keep in mind that telepathy doesn't actually work. ;)

Tim

One person has come vaguely close.......You know, there's an entire CLASS of tubes that no one has guessed yet

This is like one of those "detective" games where little clues keep turning up. Two more clues:

Entire CLASS of tubes that no one has guessed yet:

OK there have been multiple guesses that are triodes and pentodes, so it isn't one of these.

One person has come vaguely close:

Consider the one off guesses. One of them starts the dim glow "Whatever it is, its a beam power tube strapped as a triode." OK we have the words "beam" and "power tube". The light bulb gets brighter.

What is not a triode or pentode and incorporates one of more words from one of the one off guesses. Which tube did I decide to use for the input tube in my Pete Millett "red board" because its distortion was virtually zero?

How about a "beam Hexode"? I am using the 6GU5. There is another one but i can't remember the number right now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.