• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

A Direct-Coupled Amplifier with Cathode Follower 6V6

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found this circuit interesting, and thought it may be of interest to some of you. Have any of you built the same or similar?

Attachments

• Direct-Coupled-6V6-Cathode-Follower-Tube-Amp-Schematic.jpg
    Direct-Coupled-6V6-Cathode-Follower-Tube-Amp-Schematic.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 855
Thank you Merlinb, the link you provided was helpful. I recieved the schematic from a friend of mine that has since moved away. I had always wanted to build it, but preoccupied with other projects. I will be trying the circuit in the next couple days and will post results:).
Thanks again

And thanks to all that responded, much appreciation!

Last edited:
I haven't been able to do much, fighting issues with ultra rare lung disease. No cure, but electronics makes everything seem better.
I have been working on battery powered tube regen radio lately, (safer then HV) meds make hands shake to much with hv.
Thank you for responding, I will see if I can get the cathode drive 6v6 circuit going soon when things get better. It is not my design, but looks like it has good posibilities.
By the way how's the weather in Winipeg? I am originally from Warroad, just across the border. I sure miss Lake of the Woods area.
Sorry very off topic, stuck in house 24/7....
Michael

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.