Russian-English Translation of 4P1L datasheet - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th May 2011, 11:07 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Apparently the 4P1L is the Russian equivalent of the WWII era German Wehrmacht RL2 / 4P6 RF oscillator / transmitting amplifier tube. Appears to have a standard Loctal base.

/ed B in NC
Old 16th May 2011, 11:37 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
It was caller RL2,4P6 that means 2V or 4V filament (either parallel, or series). It is a brilliant tube when triode strapped, better than 2A3 / 300B in terms of linearity. Confirmed by my amp prototype and local audiophiles that heard it.
Old 17th May 2011, 01:14 AM   #13
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Since I have replied to this thread I got a bunch of these thanks to Wavebourne's suggestion. They are headed for a small, simple 2W SE amp. The triode curves for this thing are spectacularly good, and I will start on the design once I finish the GM70 amps which are coming along well.
Old 17th May 2011, 02:04 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

What kind of power do you think you could get running them PP?
Old 17th May 2011, 02:22 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Quote:
Originally Posted by astouffer View Post
What kind of power do you think you could get running them PP?
Depends on distortions you can accept. They were used in one power amp with 10W output in class AB pentode (see my previous link on KRU amp) manufactured in 1960'th, when agriculture was considered by Nikita Khrushchev as equal to military, and that amps were manufactured for Collective Farms.

They are very nice for class A in triode, and give up to 2.5W per tube when driven with up to +12V on control grid. It is easy to parallel them, since they are consistent and very linear: paralleling linear tubes you are loosing power on mismatch, i.e. the tube with higher transconductance will draw more, no distortion raise caused by mismatch. 2A3, for example, has a pair of paralleled triodes inside. You can parallel ten of 4P1L tubes matching them (it's easy), to get 100W dissipation and 25W output.
Old 22nd August 2011, 02:29 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinkr View Post
Since I have replied to this thread I got a bunch of these thanks to Wavebourne's suggestion. They are headed for a small, simple 2W SE amp. The triode curves for this thing are spectacularly good, and I will start on the design once I finish the GM70 amps which are coming along well.
Kevin Hi
I just joined you too !
My 4P1L's will buffer a low - ish gain LM3886 GC - once I've got the traffo bought ( a hybrid plan )

It all started after I managed to fire a signal direct off a dac chip to a pair of 6N6P's - with advice from a canadian valve nut !!

Hooked now - no turning back

Andrew
Old 6th September 2011, 01:09 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Hi, I just joined too. I use an amp with 4P1L in triode connection, but I found that the load on the g2 is greater than it should be, and the anode dissipation is still around 5-6 W only. So I conneted 0...+24V through a 470 ohm divider to the g1, -30V and the drive to the g2, and the g3 to the anode. Much better than the simple triode connection;
less internal resistance, better efficiency,..

Hide this!Advertise here!