• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

need advice about building tube xover as a piece of art

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All, I am building the steve bench 6DJ8 tube crossover (3 way) and building it as a piece of art. I am going for a SteamPunk look. So, I have the 4 PCBs from the planet and would like to mount the tube socket about an inch from the board. Will that cause any problems? If so, what would be a good fix for that problem? Cheers.

Hi All, I am building the steve bench 6DJ8 tube crossover (3 way) and building it as a piece of art. I am going for a SteamPunk look. So, I have the 4 PCBs from the planet and would like to mount the tube socket about an inch from the board. Will that cause any problems? If so, what would be a good fix for that problem? Cheers.

If you haven't already seen it, somewhere on the Tubelab web pages is a guide for building an adapter to mount tube sockets off of a PCB board. It's pretty ingenious and worth reading. (I wish I would have read this before trying to wire a tube socket manually off of a PCB board... it just gets messy.) Also, consider mounting the grid stopper resistor to the socket rather than on the PCB.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.