What tube is this? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2010, 08:06 PM   #1
diyAudio Member
hidnplayr's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2008
Default What tube is this?

I can't seem to figure out wich tube this is.

It looks to me like a light bulb with a 8-pin side contact socket.
It only has 2 connections.

The top captions reads as [R19] philips miniwatt, then tube type isnt very good readable, looks like C9 below that is a code: N3

I think it's some stabilisator tube, but would like to find the specs

On the side of the tube are the letters ONYX in black
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (11.8 KB, 168 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (7.8 KB, 166 views)
Real tubes have top-caps

Last edited by hidnplayr; 17th March 2010 at 08:08 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 08:18 PM   #2
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Portland,Oregon
Blog Entries: 4
Send a message via AIM to DigitalJunkie
Mebbe a projection lamp,or a ballast tube. Just a guess.
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 12:57 AM   #3
diyAudio Member
Sch3mat1c's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Send a message via ICQ to Sch3mat1c Send a message via AIM to Sch3mat1c
Well, it's not R19...

What resistance is it?

Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Projects and Resources / Electronic Design and Consultation
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 08:41 AM   #4
diyAudio Member
hidnplayr's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2008
I found some info about it on the radiomuseum: C 9, Tube C9; Röhre C 9 (C9)

It's a 200mA current regulator.
Real tubes have top-caps
  Reply With Quote


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need diy tube preamp (line-stage) recommendation and general tube advice Musiclover4 Tubes / Valves 16 18th May 2013 03:19 PM
Simple Tube Mono Block Tube Amp Schematic jleaman Tubes / Valves 16 24th November 2009 08:42 PM
can't find valve art tube - and glowey tube pic wicked1 Tubes / Valves 23 10th February 2009 12:54 AM
FS tube tuner, Active filter kit, tube amp, amp3 Josephjcole Swap Meet 9 20th July 2007 04:05 PM
SS or tube voltage amplifying stages in an amp with tube output? ray_moth Tubes / Valves 14 4th July 2007 03:09 AM

New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:08 PM.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2017 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2