Dared MC-7P - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd March 2010, 10:10 PM   #1
manos58 is offline manos58  Greece
diyAudio Member

Default Dared MC-7P

I have bought that pre amp very recently.It's my first with tubes.So ,I know nothing about it appart of the fact I like the sound it plays.Yet they all tell me that I should upgrade right away with NOS tubes or at least better than standard Chinese.Is there any scheme that shows what tube is responsible for what?ex: 3 12AX7 &1 12AT7 covered are for phono & line stage.But which one for what.Another 12AX7 (uncovered) with a 5U4G(rectifier,what ever that means) and a 6V6......
I am totally confused.What's more important ,the line tubes or the others.
I suppose all are but what comes first,since i haven't won the lottary yet
Any help will be very much appreciated.
Old 4th March 2010, 07:00 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Is there anybody out there?(Pink Floyd)
Old 4th March 2010, 08:39 AM   #3
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Hi,

People may not be that familiar with this unit... 1stly Dared is, i believe, a name added to someone else's product.

For instance here in Canada one of the 'drug store" chains sells a unit called a Dared that is 2 ECC85 driving a 13w chip amp, with an iPod dock and a set of (really cheap) speakers. I have the same unit picked up in South Korea called HCT (the same Korean giant that makes the Google's phone), and i've also seen the same unit called a TubeMan.

If you didn't get a manual, we'll need to do some detective work. Some pictures with the top off would help.

dave
Old 4th March 2010, 10:28 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Thanks Dave
I thought it was a Known preamp.6moons have tested it.Also there is Dared.USA,Dared.com etc.Back home(Greece) is highly respected in the 1000-2000 E category.You need to spend substancially more money to get better sound.But the manual accompaning the unit is very poor.Just what is written in the Dared site.
So anybody else has any info?
Old 4th March 2010, 03:52 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

When some time ago I received my Ming-Da and my Yarland amplifiers, I emailed the manufacturers asking politely for the schematics. They both sent me PDF's. Why don't you give it a go?
Old 20th January 2012, 11:10 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Has anyone tried replacing those big yellow 0.1 caps with something nice? If so- how did it sound?

Hide this!Advertise here!