• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Dared MC-7P

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have bought that pre amp very recently.It's my first with tubes.So ,I know nothing about it appart of the fact I like the sound it plays.:)Yet they all tell me that I should upgrade right away with NOS tubes or at least better than standard Chinese.Is there any scheme that shows what tube is responsible for what?ex: 3 12AX7 &1 12AT7 covered are for phono & line stage.But which one for what.Another 12AX7 (uncovered) with a 5U4G(rectifier,what ever that means) and a 6V6......
I am totally confused.What's more important ,the line tubes or the others.
I suppose all are but what comes first,since i haven't won the lottary yet
Any help will be very much appreciated.:confused:

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Hi,

People may not be that familiar with this unit... 1stly Dared is, i believe, a name added to someone else's product.

For instance here in Canada one of the 'drug store" chains sells a unit called a Dared that is 2 ECC85 driving a 13w chip amp, with an iPod dock and a set of (really cheap) speakers. I have the same unit picked up in South Korea called HCT (the same Korean giant that makes the Google's phone), and i've also seen the same unit called a TubeMan.

If you didn't get a manual, we'll need to do some detective work. Some pictures with the top off would help.

dave

Thanks Dave
I thought it was a Known preamp.6moons have tested it.Also there is Dared.USA,Dared.com etc.Back home(Greece) is highly respected in the 1000-2000 E category.You need to spend substancially more money to get better sound.But the manual accompaning the unit is very poor.Just what is written in the Dared site.
So anybody else has any info?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.