• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

New Guy...With a question...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone, great board you have here. I recently became interested in tube stuff again after years away from it and have my first of many questions. I just got a Kinght 600 tube tester and I'm trying to test a 50EH5, but it does not list on the chart. Is it not supported on this tester or am I not reading the chart correctly. Any help is welcome. As I said, first of many questions...more to follow.

Thanks
jt

What you have is a simple emission tester. Good for a basic go/no-go test but it won't allow you to test gm.

From a quick search I see it is the same as a couple of other tube testers, which are all rebranded.

TubeSound Blog Archive Heathkit TC-2 Tube Checker

You might try doing a search on their names and "tube chart" to see if you can find a more complete tube chart copy on the web.

Barring that, you will have to get a schematic of the tube tester (again google is your friend), figure out what the controls do and use tubes with similar tube pin outs to extrapolate how to test the tube. This is what I did with my Mercury 1000 to test Russian 6P1P/-E/-EV/-EB tubes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.