• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

2 pairs of 8150's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
According to "Tube Lore" an 8150 is an 8149 with a plate cap. An 8149 is a 7984 with a center tapped heater. And finally we have a datasheet!

http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/frank/sheets/123/7/7984.pdf

Note the CCS/ICAS/IMS ratings. Plate dissapation is 35 watts but only intermittent. Pd is further reduced to 20 watts continuous.

On a side note I was looking over the specs for a 5866 triode. Looks like a good candidate for class A2 with Tubelab's Powerdrive idea. Shame that the pair in my junkbox look pretty well used. And while I'm ranting... :soapbox: Those 4-65a tubes are always mocking me. They are cheap and look cool but practically worthless for audio. One guy managed to get a few watts from a pair but why bother at that point.

Seems like an uprated 6146 family structure in there. The max voltages are identical compared to astoufer's datasheet, and Pd for 6146b is 27, versus 35 icas for the 7984. The curves look fairly similar, although not identical.

Probably wants to run in near class B in pentode mode.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.