• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

LtSpice - Russian tube models

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I spent some time looking for Spice models for the the GU50.

I managed to find some Russian tube models here, including the GU50: audioportal.su/showthread.php?t=7020

I am however not able to get the models to work in LtSpice.
It seems the tetrode/pentode models have the electrodes in a different order than the LtSpice symbols from DuncanAmps, and I do not know how to fix this.

More strange; the triode models seem to have the pins in the right sequence, but they do not work either. :confused:

Svein

Attachments

• PSlib.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 483
Update:

The triode model works.
Must have been a "hick-up" in LtSpice that showed wrong current, in the wrong direction through R2. Deleted and re-inserted resistors and it works.

For the pentode I have temporarily defined a new symbol with nodes in same order as the model.

Svein

Attachments

• Spice-traces-gu50.gif
    Spice-traces-gu50.gif
    14.1 KB · Views: 811
I did not log on and download the files stored on the forum, but I did a little bit of Internet Archeology;

I tried to follow a link to to a page which was no longer existing, but archive.org had a copy.

With the added help of Google translate we get this page: Next-Tube. Design of vacuum tube audio amplifiers
Here we find the PSlib.zip file that I attached to in post#1.
There is also a file Tube_ORCAD.zip that has a larger library which also include the 6E5P

Svein

revintage:
To create a symbol to work with the models in tubes_IM.inc, just open the existing tetrode symbol and edit the pin number assignment so that
P G1 C G2 correspond to 1 2 3 4. Make it look a little different, and save it under a different name.

Attached is the symbol I used (tetrode-Ry.asy)

Svein

Attachments

• tetrode-Ry.zip
    542 bytes · Views: 272
Thanks Svein!

Got the files and the triode models are fine. The only tetrod I tried was the 6E5P and I keep getting the error below. I tried reworking both the model and the symbol and keep getting this result. I'll try with the GU-50 to see I I can replicate your results.

dave

screen_shot_2010_02_22_at_63812_pm_174.png

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.