• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

nice cd player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok i like it;)

This auction features an incredible beautiful and good sounding tube CD player - Shanling CD-T100. Unit only 6 months old from local dealer, excellent condition not even a scratch. It also includes a new pair of Western Electric 396A tubes which improves the already good sound player to the next level.

*HDCD compatible CD player with advanced styling and design

*Proprietary top-loading drive mechanism with Philips 1201 laser head

*User-selectable upsampling feature

*Upsamples standard CDs to 24 bi t/ 96 kHz via Crystal CS8420 sample rate converter

*Tube or solid-state output

*Burr-Brown OPA2604 Op Amps

*Four Burr-Brown PCM1704 DAC chips with parallel output connection

*Analog circuitry using 6N3 tubes

*100-step digital volume control

*Tube headphone amplifier and front-panel jack

*High-quality power cord with hospital-grade plugs

*Connections: coaxial digital output, analog audio output, analog tube section audio output, front-panel headphone jack, AC power input

review can be found here

http://www.audioreview.com/CD,Players/Shanling,CD-T100/PRD_139489_1586crx.aspx

pics

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3027499765&category=3272

Attachments

• i-1.jpg
    i-1.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 1,134
$1600 ???!!!

hmmm , I wonder how long one of these players will last . $1600 is a lot to pay for something like this , when a Sony SACD player can be picked up (over here) for £120/$180 and easily modded . The Shanlin player also looks very gimicky and over-the-top . It would also be interesting to see what is under those rather large-looking transformer covers .

ps WE 396a are nothing special , I found Sylvania 5670 to be preferable . The WE were too micophonic for my liking

316a;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.