• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Vintage 2a3 tube amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just wanted to share a amp that my father picked up for me today from one of his ham radio buddies. I cannot find any info on it but has quite the chrome on it for its age I think. Guessing just a simple PA, Theatre amp, or mayde a good start at my tube guitar amp! Any thoughts? Tubes left to right are 53,53,53,2A3,2A3,83 the 83 is missing. This is the second
2a3 amp like this we have came across only the other has no chrome and has a different part number stamped with a 57 tube if I remember. I no it is nothing special but as I said before its shinny or should I say will be after some polishing!

DSC03169.jpg

DSC03171.jpg

DSC03168.jpg

DSC03172.jpg

One of those 2A3s (the Cunningham) looks like a single plate version. If so, that tube is worth a small fortune on eBay if it's good. I've seen them sell for several hundred dollars. The Asians love them. Test it, clean it up and sell it. Take care not to wash off the number on the glass.

Last edited:
Nice to know about the 2a3 cunningham's as thats what the other amp has as well. Have to put them on the old tube tester on see....!!????

I will have to trace out some on it as I have no schematic except for what is in front of me! All in all I think it is a rather nice looking unit but plenty room for changes and upgrading down the road.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.