• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Counterpoint SA-7 - need a pic of the inside

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Specifically the upper right segment of the board. Guy brought in one to have a cap replaced because he didn't want to do it but the cap had already been pulled and I don't know which way the replacement needs to back in. It's the 25V-1000uF.
Can't seem to find a pic on-line anywhere!
Any help is greatly appreciated.

the picture

here's a pic - the one I forgot to add last night

Attachments

• Counterpoint board - cap.JPG
    Counterpoint board - cap.JPG
    573.8 KB · Views: 251
Just a note :-

The big problem with the SA-7 is that the phono stage is permanently in line even when switched to one of the other inputs.
This is due to the switch type.

I changed the selector switch to ON - ON - ON 2-pole 3-way
I got mine from RS but I am not sure if they still stock them.

It made a significant improvement to noise levels and "sound quality".
Fitting time was about 1 hour.

Andy

Oh mine gott... Was it designed by professionals? :eek:

Supposedly.......

There seemed to be some good (?) ideas but some things were left to be desired.

One good thing with Counterpoint ( or bad thing with their UK distributer ) ..

I did not have a service manual / diagram and contacted the UK distributer. ( A well-known company in Wimbledon )
They refused point-blank to supply it !

After contacting Counterpoint in the States, I received the required information by return Express airmail.

Andy

PS ... I bought my SA-7 for 50GBP at a large car boot sale in Surrey. It was being sold by a guy from the back of a Rolls Royce and was buried on his stall between some books and junk. I just about spotted it as I walked past. He let me audition it at his house. He was selling to upgrade to Krells.

Specifically the upper right segment of the board. Guy brought in one to have a cap replaced because he didn't want to do it but the cap had already been pulled and I don't know which way the replacement needs to back in. It's the 25V-1000uF.
Can't seem to find a pic on-line anywhere!
Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have one at home we seem to be in the same city if you would like to take a boo;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.