• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Are Chinese 6N2 the same as Russian 6N2P?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AFAIK, it is. Look at the data sheet. Notice the Hanji character directly adjacent to the 6N2. I can't decipher such things, but a "P" sound would not be surprising.

While the type pins out like a 6922, the triodes are the "same" as those in a 12AX7/ECC83. If the unit you are working on is point to point wired, connecting pins 4 & 5 to a heater power lead and pin 9 to the 2nd heater power lead is all that's needed to use the 'X7. More than 1 decent and affordable 'X7 variant is available.

Thank you for the data sheet. The 'pre amp' board I'm using is printed circuit. One of these pre-made Chinese SRPP on ebay. I'm using it to amplify a resistor i/v mod in a tda1541 player. One of the tubes was damaged in shipping , so I'm just looking for a tube(s) that will work.

Attachments

• b_audio_amplifier_tube_01.jpg
    b_audio_amplifier_tube_01.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 1,639
Thank you for the data sheet. The 'pre amp' board I'm using is printed circuit.

When I went to China as a business trip, I bought a PCB which is a raw
PCB without components assembled for DIY purpose. I analyzed the
circuit schematic and published it in my blog below (sorry written in Japanese,
but you can see photograph).

http://ja1cty.at.webry.info/200912/article_3.html

The schematic uses 6N3 whose Mu is 36. Therefore the amp gain of this
SRPP is 15.5 which is calculated by a circuit simulation.

When I went to China as a business trip, I bought a PCB which is a raw
PCB without components assembled for DIY purpose. I analyzed the
circuit schematic and published it in my blog below (sorry written in Japanese,
but you can see photograph).

�ãŠC‚Å�^‹óŠÇƒ‰ƒCƒ“ƒAƒ“ƒv‚Ì‚o‚b‚a”ƒ‚¢‚Ü‚µ‚½ JA2DHC/JA1CTY‚̃uƒ�ƒO/ƒEƒFƒuƒŠƒuƒ�ƒO

The schematic uses 6N3 whose Mu is 36. Therefore the amp gain of this
SRPP is 15.5 which is calculated by a circuit simulation.

Very good to know

I purchased 2 of these boards; one uses the 6N2 , the other uses 6N1. Both 'SSRP' config. Seems the 6N2 has a mu of 100 , so I guess the srpp circuit gives a gain of about 50(?). The 6N1 board has lower gain , as expected , with a mu of 30. The 6N2 circuit allows use of a smaller i/v resistor , so perhaps , less distortion(in theory). I'll try some 6N2P-EV tubes in the 6N2 board.

AFAIK, it is. Look at the data sheet. Notice the Hanji character directly adjacent to the 6N2.

The Hanji character directly adjacent to the 6N2 means "type". The whole sentence that line is "6N3 type Dual Triodes".

Chinese 6n2= Russian 6N2P (6h2n in cyrillic?)

Eli is right, there seems to be no Western equivalent. It stuffs two 12ax7 alike triodes with 6922 pin out.

Last edited:
The Hanji character directly adjacent to the 6N2 means "type". The whole sentence that line is "6N3 type Dual Triodes".

Chinese 6n2= Russian 6N2P (6h2n in cyrillic?)

Eli is right, there seems to be no Western equivalent. It stuffs two 12ax7 alike triodes with 6922 pin out.

typo mistake: The whole sentence in that line read as "6N2 type Dual Triodes".

Thank you for the data sheet. The 'pre amp' board I'm using is printed circuit. One of these pre-made Chinese SRPP on ebay. I'm using it to amplify a resistor i/v mod in a tda1541 player. One of the tubes was damaged in shipping , so I'm just looking for a tube(s) that will work.

With your question answered already, I was wondering what the point of using ECC83-like tube in SRPP would be ? If one needs extra drive, a follower (using an '81 or '82) will do better. If extra drive is not needed, then it's a waste of 1/2 of tube.

Last edited:
With your question answered already, I was wondering what the point of using ECC83-like tube in SRPP would be ? If one needs extra drive, a follower (using an '81 or '82) will do better. If extra drive is not needed, then it's a waste of 1/2 of tube.

I am quite certain that your assessment is correct. We'll need to blame Lampizator for this;) , as he is enthusiastic about this type(SRPP). I know little about tube circuits. These boards became available on ebay pretty cheap. And I like the horizontal tube layout , as they fit nicely in most cd players(Philips 1541 types at least). They also have the necessary gain for use with resistor i/v low output.

1x ECC83 amplification stage + 1x ECC82 follower will fit into same space, provide more gain and have higher current capability (drive) than 2x ECC83 in SRPP. It will also be pretty immune to changes in the load it is attached to - SRPP on the other hand only works well with the exact load it was built for.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.